A safe, comfortable and efficient work environment is beneficial for all employees. When employees use good ergonomic practices, they reduce their potential for injury. SIA has established a comprehensive ergonomics program for our member districts complete with a variety of services, tools and resources. We also provide purchasing tips all tailored to meet the needs of today’s school employees and district budgets. All of these services are available to SIA member district employees at low or no cost.
For additional information regarding Ergonomics, contact Lita Chang-Mullins, Prevention Services.
The following ergonomic equipment is available, free of charge, to SIA member district employees (workers' compensation pool only) who will be utilizing the equipment on the job.
- Back Belts: Sizes – Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, XXX-Large
- Lumbar Supports: Rounded or Angular
Some equipment requires training prior to distribution.
Ergonomics 101 – Fixes on a Shoestring: Keyboard Tray Extensions
Ergonomics 101 – Fixes on a Shoestring: Monitor Risers and Footrests
Ergonomics 101 – Fixes on a Shoestring: Pinch Grip and Mouse Shortcuts
The following printed materials are available upon request to Prevention Services. Please be sure to indicate the materials you are interested in.
- Arranging Your Workstation to Fit You (booklet)
- Comfort at the Computer (booklet)
- Ergonomics and You – A Common Sense Approach to Reducing CTD Risks (booklet)
- Industrial Ergonomics: Protecting Your Elbow and Forearms (brochure)
- Industrial Ergonomics: Protecting Your Neck and Shoulders from CTDs (brochure)
- Office Ergonomics: Understanding Ergonomics (brochure)
- Preventing Keyboard Injuries and Fatigue (booklet)
- Preventing Repetitive Strain at the Keyboard - Comfortable Computing for Your Wrist and Hands (booklet)
|= MS Word/.doc format||= MS PowerPoint format||= PDF document|
|= MS Excel/.xls format||= Rich Text/.rtf format||= External website|