Employee Assistance Program
It is difficult to be safe if you are distracted by life's challenges. Most of us, at some time or another, experience personal problems. They can disrupt your concentration and ability to stay focused on the task at hand. When your attention is diverted, an accident can occur. Unfortunately, an injury will complicate your troubles.
As a principal, you are in a position to guide your staff to resources to assist them with their personal challenges. Many of SIA's member districts have chosen to offer the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services of Managed Health Network (MHN).
Districts in the Employee Assistance Program:
- El Dorado COE
- Folsom-Cordova USD
- Galt Joint Union HSD
- Natomas USD
- Placerville Union SD
- Pollock Pines Elementary SD
- Rescue Union SD
- Robla SD
- Sacramento City USD
- Sacramento COE
- San Juan USD
- Silver Fork SD
- Twin Rivers USD
Available EAP Resources
- Face-to-face counseling is available for marital and family problems, alcohol and drug dependency, relationships, emotional problems, stress and other issues. The employee, spouse and eligible dependents are entitled to each receive counseling sessions.
- Telephone counseling includes legal, financial, child and elder care assistance, pre-retirement planning, record and vital document organization and federal tax consultation.
- All information is confidential.
- Online Services: Through MHN Online Members Services – Welcome. Go to www.members.mhn.com . Contact your EAP liaison for the access code.
- Monthly Newsletter called Member Matters helps members balance their health, work and life. If you would like to sign up for this newsletter, e-mail Teresa Franco at Prevention Services with your request.
- Posters and wallet cards are available to help you promote the program on your campus. Discuss the service at your next staff meeting and continue to mention it at future meetings. A staff member may hear about the program today but forget about it in six months when a problem arises, so ongoing promotion is helpful.
- For EAP services, call 800-227-1060.