Golden Carrot Fund
The Golden Carrot fund provides for the promotion of health and wellness programs in the SIA member districts. Emphasis is on reaching the greatest number of district employees with the wellness message.
Golden Carrot Fund Policy and Usage Guidelines
Eligibility: Only school districts in the SIA Workers' Compensation Program are eligible for funding. Funding distribution is based upon each district's participation in the workers' compensation pool.
Funding Allotment: An amount is budgeted each year and approved by the SIA Board of Directors. This amount is then divided among the members based on their percentage of participation in the workers' compensation pool.
Usage: Funds are available each SIA fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). Funds will not be carried over to the next fiscal year. Districts must receive prior written approval for all purchases using fund money. Funds shall be used for items or services that promote health and wellness. Funds cannot be used for district staff salaries or items SIA staff find unrelated to health and wellness education. No more than 5% of the fund may be used for auxiliary items (i.e. decorations, utensils, tablecloths) and only during a health and wellness related event.
Fund Request Procedures
- Decide on the project or activity.
- Determine the item or service needed.
- Determine the cost and quantity needed. Depending on the item or service, SIA may already have a resource available at a reduced cost so please ask us.
- Complete the Golden Carrot Fund Request Form and send to SIA Prevention Services for review at least 2 weeks prior to your event. Forms may be mailed, faxed, emailed or delivered in person.
- If ordering incentives offered by SIA for School Employee Health and Fitness Celebration, fill out a SEHFC Incentive Order Form. All services related to SEHFC must be preapproved. Please provide estimated costs.
- After receiving a copy of your authorized request form, you may purchase the approved item(s) or service(s). Save your receipts. If items or services are ordered through SIA, the amount will be deducted from your district's Golden Carrot Fund.
- After your event, fill out a Prevention Project/Activity Evaluation and send it along with your receipts and preapproved Golden Carrot Fund form to SIA for reimbursement. Please address it to SIA Prevention Services, P.O. Box 276710, Sacramento, Ca 95827-6710.
FORMS AND CHECKLISTS
Golden Carrot Fund Request Form
Prevention Project/ Activity Evaluation
|= MS Word/.doc format||= MS PowerPoint format||= PDF document|
|= MS Excel/.xls format||= Rich Text/.rtf format||= External website|